A Fleet Operator can save over US$95,000,000 in fleet operating costs over 10 years by purchasing North American General all-electric buses instead of using diesel or CNG buses. That will decrease the Fleet Operator's expense budget requirements by an average of US$10,000,000 a year, and increase the profit line.
If the Fleet Operator opts to add a Fleet Fuel System; the 10-year savings are almost US$155,000,000 (US$15,500,000 per year). In fact, fleet operations post a PROFIT the second five years because Fleet Fuel System by-product sales of electricity and industrial ethanol totaling about US$9,000,000 bring in more revenue than maintenance expenses, and there are no fuel expenses.
1. Using current average bus prices and bus usage of 150,000 miles per year.
2. Exact savings will depend on bus usage, fuel costs, and other factors.
3. 5-year financing of buses with 30% down payment and 5% interest.
4. Operational costs include capital outlay, fuel, maintenance, refit cost at the 5-year point for the electrical buses, and financing costs.
5. Electric vehicle cost includes replacement of battery system at 5-year point.
6. Does not include taxes or import duties.
7. Does not include clean air and carbon credits for electric buses, which can bring significant financing reductions and accounting credits.
8.Assumes Zonda USA buses contain all available options, while competing buses may have minimal options to reduce pricing for bidding.